Our mission at Surf Athletics CrossFit is simple:
Utilize the best available methods to help our members make the broadest and most profound possible gains in fitness and health.
We welcome and train Absolute Beginners, High School and Collegiate Athletes, and Elite Athletes in ALL Sports.
- We do this by focusing our training on functional movements (like pushing, pulling, squatting, lifting, running, jumping), executed at high intensity. When you walk in, instead of seeing many elliptical machines and weight machines, our gym is full of barbells, pull-up bars, kettle bells, jump ropes, boxes for jumps, dumbbells, and plenty of open floor place.
- Our CrossFit classes are like getting personal training in a group setting. From day one you receive individual attention, and you are taught proper technique and standards. All CrossFit workouts are based on functional movements. These movements reflect elements of gymnastics, weightlifting, running, rowing, and endurance to increase overall fitness and athletic performance. Considering life’s core movements, CrossFit develops fitness, strength, and skill through constantly varied functional movements performed at high intensity.
- Each class is designed to challenge you physically and mentally. We strive to bring improved fitness to all individuals, regardless of your current fitness level. The workouts are not easy. You will leave each session feeling exhilarated and exhausted at the same time.
- OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTING: The snatch and clean and jerk bring speed, power, coordination, agility, accuracy, and balance to training and are indispensable to CrossFit programming and developing a well-rounded athlete.
- We offer small group classes led by a certified trainer who will motivate you to perform at your best. Each class is designed to challenge you physically and mentally. We strive to bring elite fitness to all individuals, regardless of current fitness level. Beware, we are not a globo-gym! We have no ellipticals, no smoothie bar, and no excuses!!! Just an intense workout, designed daily to suit each individual’s needs.
- MOBILITY: Stretching with intention in order to optimize your athletic performance. Prevent injury, recovery better and improve performance by addressing flexibility, stretching, stability and proper positions and movement mechanics that support your workout. Foam rolling, trigger point release, and stretch band work are all included.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to expect more from your workout!