Happy Monday! We are starting a NEW Strength cycle!
Back Squat (% based off 85% of your max)
5 @ 65%
5 @ 75%
5+ @ 85%<
20 @ 65%
Row 1000 Meters
50 Thrusters (45/33 lbs)
Wendler 5-3-1 Strength cycle
This is a 4-day per week program: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
Each training day includes a warm-up, a main lift (squat, standing press, deadlift or bench press) and assistance work.
Training Max (TM): The Training Max will remain constant. The TM for each lift will begin at 85% of your 1RM or estimated 1RM.
Every percentage listed in the program is based on your TM, not your actual max.
- Each main lift uses a training max (TM) of 85% of your tested or calculated 1RM.
- If you can’t hit at least 5 reps at 95%, you have the wrong TM. Adjust accordingly.
- Each lift will NOT increase at the same time. This is normal. Keep plugging away. The breakthrough will eventually come.
- Assistance work is essential but should not be trained like your squat or deadlift.
- Recovery is as important as training. Be proactive on your off days.