A. Strict Press—Every 90 sec
- start at 70% of 1RM Add weight each round
B. EMOM 6
- 2 Power Clean @ 75-80%
C. EMOM 9 (3 rounds)
- Min 1 – 8 HSPU
- Min 2 – 8 GHD sit up
- Min 3 – 10 HEAVY KBS
D. 3 RFT
- 10 DB push press
- 15 box jump (20″)
- 40 walking lunges
A note on Scaling vs. Modification:
- There is absolutely nothing wrong with properly scaled workouts. In fact, scaling is a necessity. It is the backbone of CrossFit. It is the only reason we have seen transformations from millions of athletes of different sizes, shapes, and ages across the globe.
- However, there is a distinct difference between modifying the workout to further your athletic development, and scaling the workout so that you are able to complete it easily. It all depends what you want as an athlete.
- If you are simply looking to “work up a sweat”, then scaling down to your level is a great way to get a good workout without pushing you outside of your comfort zone.
- The comfort zone does not facilitate progression… remember that!